- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
What Super Eagles Coach Said After 2019 AFCON Draw In Egypt
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is confident on his team’s chance of qualifying for the Round of 16 of the 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations after been drawn into what he labels an uneasy Group B also comprising Burundi, Madagascar and Guinea, reports Completesports.com.
Rohr led Nigeria to qualify for the AFCON 2019 tournament with a game to spare also admits that the Super Eagles opponents are not easy teams.
“It’s a group that is not easy. Madagascar were the first team to qualify for the tournament,” Rohr said after the draw in Cairo.
“Burundi have the second top scorer in the AFCON qualification while Guinea have a young team, and I think it’s not going to be easy but we are confident.”
Fiston Abdul-Razak of Burundi scored six goals during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series, one behind top scorer Odion Ighalo.
Both Madagascar and Burundi – Saido Berahino’s team, are two of the three teams making their debut at this year’s tournament.
Rohr also urges his players to finish their season well and avoid injuries so as to be fully fit for the tournament.”
“To my players, they have to finish the season well and not to be injured. We can be confident.”