- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
What Super Eagles Coach Said After 2019 AFCON Draw In Egypt
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is confident on his team’s chance of qualifying for the Round of 16 of the 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations after been drawn into what he labels an uneasy Group B also comprising Burundi, Madagascar and Guinea, reports Completesports.com.
Rohr led Nigeria to qualify for the AFCON 2019 tournament with a game to spare also admits that the Super Eagles opponents are not easy teams.
“It’s a group that is not easy. Madagascar were the first team to qualify for the tournament,” Rohr said after the draw in Cairo.
“Burundi have the second top scorer in the AFCON qualification while Guinea have a young team, and I think it’s not going to be easy but we are confident.”
Fiston Abdul-Razak of Burundi scored six goals during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series, one behind top scorer Odion Ighalo.
Both Madagascar and Burundi – Saido Berahino’s team, are two of the three teams making their debut at this year’s tournament.
Rohr also urges his players to finish their season well and avoid injuries so as to be fully fit for the tournament.”
“To my players, they have to finish the season well and not to be injured. We can be confident.”