- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
What Super Eagles Coach Said After 2019 AFCON Draw In Egypt
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is confident on his team’s chance of qualifying for the Round of 16 of the 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations after been drawn into what he labels an uneasy Group B also comprising Burundi, Madagascar and Guinea, reports Completesports.com.
Rohr led Nigeria to qualify for the AFCON 2019 tournament with a game to spare also admits that the Super Eagles opponents are not easy teams.
“It’s a group that is not easy. Madagascar were the first team to qualify for the tournament,” Rohr said after the draw in Cairo.
“Burundi have the second top scorer in the AFCON qualification while Guinea have a young team, and I think it’s not going to be easy but we are confident.”
Fiston Abdul-Razak of Burundi scored six goals during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series, one behind top scorer Odion Ighalo.
Both Madagascar and Burundi – Saido Berahino’s team, are two of the three teams making their debut at this year’s tournament.
Rohr also urges his players to finish their season well and avoid injuries so as to be fully fit for the tournament.”
“To my players, they have to finish the season well and not to be injured. We can be confident.”