- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
AFCON 2019: Mikel Obi takes decision on playing for Super Eagles after meeting with Rohr
Middlesbrough midfielder, John Mikel Obi, is ready to make a return to the Super Eagles for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, Complete Sports reports.
The 31-year-old last played for Nigeria against Argentina, at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Mikel Obi failed to appear in any of Super Eagles six qualifying games en route Egypt 2019, prompting speculations he might have decided to call time on his international career.
However, head coach Gernot Rohr, consistently maintained that the player is still part of his team despite the midfielder’s “self exile”.
It is now understood that Rohr met with Mikel Obi in London last Saturday and the player indicated his readiness to return to the team for the AFCON 2019.
Rohr will release his 26-man provisional squad for the competition this week, with Mikel Obi’s name expected to be among the invitees.