- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
AFCON 2019: Mikel Obi takes decision on playing for Super Eagles after meeting with Rohr
Middlesbrough midfielder, John Mikel Obi, is ready to make a return to the Super Eagles for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, Complete Sports reports.
The 31-year-old last played for Nigeria against Argentina, at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Mikel Obi failed to appear in any of Super Eagles six qualifying games en route Egypt 2019, prompting speculations he might have decided to call time on his international career.
However, head coach Gernot Rohr, consistently maintained that the player is still part of his team despite the midfielder’s “self exile”.
It is now understood that Rohr met with Mikel Obi in London last Saturday and the player indicated his readiness to return to the team for the AFCON 2019.
Rohr will release his 26-man provisional squad for the competition this week, with Mikel Obi’s name expected to be among the invitees.