- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
I’ve had a gun pointed at me by a police officer before – Simi
Singer Simi has revealed that she once had a gun pointed at her and her friends by a police officer simply because one of them laughed.
The singer made this known in reaction to the increased complaint about police brutality in Nigeria. Recall that she once narrated her ordeal with the police when she bagged an ambassadorial deal with the Constitutional Rights Awareness and Liberty Initiative.
“The last one was pretty dramatic and emotionally traumatic,” the singer said. “This is why it is important for everyone to know their rights. “I have had several human right infringements. Not too long ago, I had a situation with the police force and it wasn’t a pretty picture,” Simi said.