- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
I’ve had a gun pointed at me by a police officer before – Simi
Singer Simi has revealed that she once had a gun pointed at her and her friends by a police officer simply because one of them laughed.
The singer made this known in reaction to the increased complaint about police brutality in Nigeria. Recall that she once narrated her ordeal with the police when she bagged an ambassadorial deal with the Constitutional Rights Awareness and Liberty Initiative.
“The last one was pretty dramatic and emotionally traumatic,” the singer said. “This is why it is important for everyone to know their rights. “I have had several human right infringements. Not too long ago, I had a situation with the police force and it wasn’t a pretty picture,” Simi said.