- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
AFCON; Double Tragedy As Disqualified U-17 Footballer Dies In Accident
Double tragedy struck for the family of young footballer who died in a tragic road crash on his way to his home country after being disqualified from participating from the ongoing U17 African Cup of Nations on age ground.
The 17-year-old Guinean footballer identified as Aly Soumah had traveled with the rest of his mates to Dar Es Salaam- Tanzania for the U17 tournament but unfortunately he was left out the Guinea final 21 man squad by his coaches.
The decision not to pick him meant the lad could no longer participate in the tournament and he was subsequently sent home before Guinéa’s first game on Monday against Cameroon.
Unfortunately for the young lad’s family and the football world, Aly was involved in a road accident at the Kindia road in Guinea and died few hours later.