- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
AFCON; Double Tragedy As Disqualified U-17 Footballer Dies In Accident
Double tragedy struck for the family of young footballer who died in a tragic road crash on his way to his home country after being disqualified from participating from the ongoing U17 African Cup of Nations on age ground.
The 17-year-old Guinean footballer identified as Aly Soumah had traveled with the rest of his mates to Dar Es Salaam- Tanzania for the U17 tournament but unfortunately he was left out the Guinea final 21 man squad by his coaches.
The decision not to pick him meant the lad could no longer participate in the tournament and he was subsequently sent home before Guinéa’s first game on Monday against Cameroon.
Unfortunately for the young lad’s family and the football world, Aly was involved in a road accident at the Kindia road in Guinea and died few hours later.