- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Child Trafficking Group Busted As Police Nab Woman For Selling Her Baby For N850K
Men of the Imo State Police command have smashed a six-member child trafficking syndicate. Five of the six suspects were arrested and were being interrogated by operatives of the command.
The State Police Commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo, said in Owerri that on February 8, at an undisclosed clinic along Nekede Road in Owerri West L.G.A, one Chinonye Oparaocha ‘f’ was delivered of a baby boy.
The said Chinonye Oparaocha later conspired with one Confidence Anyanwu, a nurse and native of Umuhu Okwuato in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area but resident at No. 41 Mbaise Road Owerri in company of her husband, Amaeze Anyanwu now at large, who carried the six (6) hours born baby to Port Harcourt in Rivers State where one Duru Christian was waiting for them.
He said that, on arrival at Port Harcourt, Duru Christian, in company of one Mrs. George Iyowuna, met them at the hideout, took over the baby boy and handed over to a prospective buyer, one Mrs. William Cynthia and her husband who eventually paid the sum of N850, 000.00.
The suspects, he said, were arrested by the Police on April on 13 who recovered the newly born baby boy Abiya William while efforts were on-going to arrest the fleeing members of the syndicate.
Suspects had made useful statements to the police concerning the crime and were helping the police in the investigation.
The CP gave the names of the suspects as Chinonye Oparaocha (23), Confidence (28), Duru Christian ‘M’ 38, George Iyowuna (38) and William Cynthia ‘F’ 44 years old.