- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Ifeanyi Onyeabor: AGN confirms filmmaker’s death, reportedly fell ill on set
Award winning Nollywood director, Ifeanyi Onyeabor has been confirmed dead by families and Actor Guild of Nigeria
We earlier reported the sad demise of Ifeanyi Onyeabor. The Actor Guild of Nigeria president, Emeka Rollas, has confirmed the filmmaker’s death on Saturday.
According to reports, Onyeabor died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau state. He fell ill and was rushed to a private hospital where he died in the early hours of Friday, April 19th.
According to the AGN President, Onyeabor will be remembered for his ghetto-themed movie, New Jerusalem, which won him an award at the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA).
“The movie industry has been dealt another blow. Ifeanyi Onyeabor has died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau State,” he said.