- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Ifeanyi Onyeabor: AGN confirms filmmaker’s death, reportedly fell ill on set
Award winning Nollywood director, Ifeanyi Onyeabor has been confirmed dead by families and Actor Guild of Nigeria
We earlier reported the sad demise of Ifeanyi Onyeabor. The Actor Guild of Nigeria president, Emeka Rollas, has confirmed the filmmaker’s death on Saturday.
According to reports, Onyeabor died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau state. He fell ill and was rushed to a private hospital where he died in the early hours of Friday, April 19th.
According to the AGN President, Onyeabor will be remembered for his ghetto-themed movie, New Jerusalem, which won him an award at the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA).
“The movie industry has been dealt another blow. Ifeanyi Onyeabor has died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau State,” he said.