- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Ifeanyi Onyeabor: AGN confirms filmmaker’s death, reportedly fell ill on set
Award winning Nollywood director, Ifeanyi Onyeabor has been confirmed dead by families and Actor Guild of Nigeria
We earlier reported the sad demise of Ifeanyi Onyeabor. The Actor Guild of Nigeria president, Emeka Rollas, has confirmed the filmmaker’s death on Saturday.
According to reports, Onyeabor died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau state. He fell ill and was rushed to a private hospital where he died in the early hours of Friday, April 19th.
According to the AGN President, Onyeabor will be remembered for his ghetto-themed movie, New Jerusalem, which won him an award at the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA).
“The movie industry has been dealt another blow. Ifeanyi Onyeabor has died while shooting a movie in Jos, Plateau State,” he said.