- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Residents Foil Robbery Operation, As Police Arrest Suspect In Ogun
The residents of Adiyan, near Agbado, in Ogun State, foiled a robbery attack when two armed young men were about to dispossess a commercial motorcyclist of his means of livelihood. The residents formed a wall of protection in favour of the Okada man by alerting the police.
It was learnt that the distress call sent to Agbado Police Station to the effect that the two armed men were planning to snatch a motorbike was promptly attended to by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), CSP Omonijo Olatunji, who detailed his patrol team to the scene where one of the robbers was arrested while his accomplice escaped through the nearby bush.
The suspect, 26-year-old Seun Adewole, was nabbed at about 7:30 am on Sunday, April 21, 2019.
With him at the time of arrest, according to the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, were a locally fabricated pistol, a dagger and assorted charms.
“He gave the name of his fleeing colleague as Ojo Iberu. He equally confessed to the effect that they are members of Aye cult group and that they used to go into robbery whenever they run out of cash”, Oyeyemi said.
Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police (CP), Bashir Makama, had ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Abeokuta for discreet investigation.
“The CP has equally directed that the escaped member of the gang be hunted for and brought to justice within the shortest possible time”, Oyeyemi stated.