- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Nigerian Footballer, Kelechi Nwakali stranded after arrival from Portugal
An Arsenal midfielder has been stranded in Nigeria after a passport blunder. Kelechi Nwakali, 20, returned to his homeland to play in a 2020 Olympics qualifier.
But he was denied entry back to Portugal, where he is currently on loan at Porto.
Nwakali was granted a single-entry visa when he moved there on a season-long loan from Arsenal. And it has now been a month since he tried returning to Porto.
The Nigeria Football Federation is now working tirelessly to get Nwakali back to Portugal.
Director of communications Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport: “The federation has been working hard to get his visa sorted as quickly as possible, but it’s taken longer than expected.
“We hope it will come out after the Easter break to enable Nwakali’s return to Portugal.”
The midfield ace has missed Porto B’s last four matches as a result of his visa issue.
He joined Arsenal in 2016 after also being chased by Manchester City.