- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Nigerian Footballer, Kelechi Nwakali stranded after arrival from Portugal
An Arsenal midfielder has been stranded in Nigeria after a passport blunder. Kelechi Nwakali, 20, returned to his homeland to play in a 2020 Olympics qualifier.
But he was denied entry back to Portugal, where he is currently on loan at Porto.
Nwakali was granted a single-entry visa when he moved there on a season-long loan from Arsenal. And it has now been a month since he tried returning to Porto.
The Nigeria Football Federation is now working tirelessly to get Nwakali back to Portugal.
Director of communications Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport: “The federation has been working hard to get his visa sorted as quickly as possible, but it’s taken longer than expected.
“We hope it will come out after the Easter break to enable Nwakali’s return to Portugal.”
The midfield ace has missed Porto B’s last four matches as a result of his visa issue.
He joined Arsenal in 2016 after also being chased by Manchester City.