- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Nigerian Footballer, Kelechi Nwakali stranded after arrival from Portugal
An Arsenal midfielder has been stranded in Nigeria after a passport blunder. Kelechi Nwakali, 20, returned to his homeland to play in a 2020 Olympics qualifier.
But he was denied entry back to Portugal, where he is currently on loan at Porto.
Nwakali was granted a single-entry visa when he moved there on a season-long loan from Arsenal. And it has now been a month since he tried returning to Porto.
The Nigeria Football Federation is now working tirelessly to get Nwakali back to Portugal.
Director of communications Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport: “The federation has been working hard to get his visa sorted as quickly as possible, but it’s taken longer than expected.
“We hope it will come out after the Easter break to enable Nwakali’s return to Portugal.”
The midfield ace has missed Porto B’s last four matches as a result of his visa issue.
He joined Arsenal in 2016 after also being chased by Manchester City.