- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Things You Didn’t Know About Singer Niniola
On March 19, 2014, Niniola dropped her debut music, ‘Ibadi’ after reaching out to ace music producer Sarz for production
Niniola is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and performer who described her music genre as ‘Afro-House’ that is a blend of afro beat and House music. She is the elder sister of Teniola ‘the entertainer’.
Niniola Apata AKA Niniola hails from Ekiti state, but born in Lagos state on December 15, 1986.
Niniola attended Apata Memorial School for her secondary education, proceeded to University of Lagos where she got Bachelor of Education.
Niniola developed love for music when a kid, performing to her friends and classmates in school, due to her large repertoire of songs and clear vocals, which made people dub her ‘the human radio’. She later at school, joined the cultural group and participated in social activities.
She drew strengths from different songs likes that of Dolly Parton, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, The Cranberries, Madonna, Beyoncé and Yoruba (African) music, and uses them to shape her own style.
She participated in different competitions as she was growing. In 2013, the sultry singer contested in the MTN Project Fame Season 6 Competition and she emerged third runner up. During the competition. She did her personal composition, ‘Itura’, produced by Cobhams Asuquo, which was loved by everyone who listened to it.
In her words, “I naturally gravitate to a sound that’s filled with warmth and timelessness”.
On March 19, 2014, Niniola dropped her debut music, ‘Ibadi’ after reaching out to ace music producer Sarz for production. The song enjoyed positive reviews, listed on different music charts in Nigeria until it eventually made its way to other parts of Africa.
Niniola has since been growing, getting more fans across the world and releasing multiple hit songs. She has as well graced many stages since releasing her debut single.
This is Me
Best Female Artiste Of The Year Award At The 2015 Surulere Entertainment Awards
Most Promising Female Artiste at the 2015 Green Awards
Next Rated Female Artist Award At The I.R.P.M Class Of ’15 Unilag Awards.
Best Collaboration At The 2016 Afrima Awards.
Surulere Entertainment Awards 2015 for Best Female Artiste Of The Year
Music Entertainment Awards 2015
Afrima Awards 2016 for Best African Collaboration ‘Mbilo Mbilo Remix’
Nigerian Teens Choice Awards 2017 for Choice Female Vocalist
Glazia Persons Of The Year Awards 2018 for Person Of The Year
Maya Awards 2018 for Youth Artiste Of The Year
Niniola’s personal life has remained very private, but she revealed she’s in a relationship. “I am currently in a relationship and I am dating someone. I have been dating for a while now. It has been perfect coping with my career and relationship and I have had no problems whatsoever,” she said.
Niniola started a scholarship program named ‘Adopt-A-Child’s-Education’ in 2015
On 7th August, 2018, Niniola became the first female Nigerian artist to cross 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify.