- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
Nollywood producers pirate their own movies – Tonto Dikeh
Actress Tonto Dikeh has revealed that some Nollywood producers pirate their own movies in order for them to make quick gains.
The actress made this known when she sat for an interview with Plus TV.
The divorced single mother of one said:
It is so deep that the truth is, it is these same producers, directors, marketers that are now the ones pirating their own movies. There was a time i overheard a conversation between producers saying instead of ‘me losing out, let me go and pirate my movies myself so i can cash out myself if i don’t make enough from the original copies’.
Speaking on her sudden disappearance from the movie industry, she said:
“I haven’t retired, the truth is I have played every role there is. There isn’t much challenge anymore.
I have about just two or three movies that make go wow, I want to be in this. There is no action, no adrenaline rush when watching Nollywood movies, it is just the same pictures, stories, scenes, environment, we don’t have location“
“Different things actually come into place on why I haven’t been on the screen today, I haven’t found the perfect script that I want to act in.
I want to watch a movie i star in and hear my voice and not know it is my voice..we need to train ourselves and be more and i think I am one of the few people that have attained that more….”
When asked why she isn’t producing her own movies, Tonto Dikeh said
“Producing is not something i love, it is not for everybody, i am more good in acting but producing is not my thing but Geneveive Nnaji has made me understand that now with Lion heart.”