- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Sick photos of Emiliano Sala’s body lying in the morgue is posted online and sparks outrage
Photos of footballer Emiliano Sala’s body lying in a morgue have been shared on social media and this caused an outrage. The body of the 28-year-old Argentinian striker was deposited at the Holly Tree Lodge mortuary in Bournemouth, Dorset, after it was found on February 6 following an extensive search.
But someone got hold of photos of Sala lying in a morgue following a break-in into the morgue and they shared the photos on Twitter. This comes just days after Sala’s father, Horacio Sala died of a heart attack. Police are now investigating the sick images.
Dorset Police said: “We are aware that a picture reported to be of Mr Sala’s body has been shared on social media channels and are disgusted somebody did this.
“We are investigating this incident and working with a number of agencies to establish how the picture was taken and who is responsible.”
A source told the The Mirror: “One theory is that someone broke into the mortuary and took these pictures.”