- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
N19.4b Arms Fund: Court fixes June 11 for Sambo Dasuki’s trial
Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf of the FCT High Court sitting in the Maitama area of Abuja has fixed June 11th 2019 for the trial to begin for a former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, and Bashir Yuguda, in the alleged misappropriation of 19.4 billion naira arms funds.
The EFCC charged Dasuki and Yuguda alongside former Governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa, his son, Sagir and his company, Dalhatu Investment Limited with 25 counts bordering on criminal breach of trust and misappropriation of public funds to the tune N19.4 billion.
Justice Baba-Yusuf adjourned the matter after Lateef Fagbemi, counsel to Mr. Bafarawa, briefed the court that the lead counsel to colonel Dauski’s mister Joesph Daudu, was bereaved.
Justice Baba-Yusuf after listening said that the court agreed with the position of all the counsel that the death of a daughter-in-law was weighty enough to grant an adjournment. “The matter is further adjourned until June 11 for trial’.