- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
The convoy of the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo was blocked by aggrieved protesters along Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Expressway in Abuja today.
The protesters blocked the motorcade as the Vice President was heading to the airport when he ran into a barricade at Goza village.
Gbagyi village residents had gathered on the major road connecting the airport to the city. They were protesting the alleged invasion of their land by the military.
Osinbajo’s security aides could not appease the protesters, forcing the Vice President to step out of his car.
The Vice President’s Special Assistant on Media on Publicity, Laolu Akande, also confirmed the report in a tweet, saying, “On his way to the airport just now, VP Osinbajo runs into a group of FCT residents protesting alleged land takeover bid by the military. “He gets down, engages the people, proposing to meet with their leaders on the matter & intervene with a view to finding an amicable solution.”
See the video below.