- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
The convoy of the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo was blocked by aggrieved protesters along Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Expressway in Abuja today.
The protesters blocked the motorcade as the Vice President was heading to the airport when he ran into a barricade at Goza village.
Gbagyi village residents had gathered on the major road connecting the airport to the city. They were protesting the alleged invasion of their land by the military.
Osinbajo’s security aides could not appease the protesters, forcing the Vice President to step out of his car.
The Vice President’s Special Assistant on Media on Publicity, Laolu Akande, also confirmed the report in a tweet, saying, “On his way to the airport just now, VP Osinbajo runs into a group of FCT residents protesting alleged land takeover bid by the military. “He gets down, engages the people, proposing to meet with their leaders on the matter & intervene with a view to finding an amicable solution.”
See the video below.