- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
Unhealthy condition of former Nigerian goalkeeper, Peter Fregene (photos)
Photos have emerged showing the condition of a former Nigerian goalkeeper, Peter Fregene who is currently battling an illness yet to be disclosed.
A former goalkeeper who won the Nigerian FA Cup with both ECN and Stationery Stores, Peter Fregene now finds it difficult making use of his legs and currently moves around with the aide of a wheelchair.
Fregene was born in Sapele and played club football for Lagos rivals ECN and Stationery Stores F.C. during his career that spanned the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
Meanwhile, Commissioner for Sports, Josef Udedi earlier revealed that NFF was desirous of improving the welfare of ex-internationals.
He said that one of the objectives of the proposed NFF Foundation was to build a database of every player that represented the country whether in the past or in time to come.
The proposed foundation was disclosed after Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola, gave former coach of the Super Eagles, Christian Chukwu, $50,000 cheque for foreign medical treatment.
Otedola’s offered to foot the bill of the former captain of the national team following reports that he was battling with prostate cancer.
The $50,000 cheque was presented to Chukwu on Wednesday morning in Enugu by Philip Akinola, the COO of Zenon Petroleum and Gas Ltd, one of Otedola’s companies.
Also present were Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, the governor of Enugu state, Amaju Pinnick, the chairman of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Onochie Anibeze, the renowned sports journalist.