- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Prince of England, Harry, names new baby
Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry who welcomed their first child on Monday have named their son
England Royals, Prince Harry and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle have announced the name of their newborn son.
The announcement is coming hours after the arrival of the newborn.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have named their child Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, the couple revealed via Instagram.
The seventh-in-line to the throne was born at 05:26am on 6 May 2019. But his title hasn’t yet been revealed.
Meanwhile, the new parents had formally presented their new-born baby boy to the public. The elated new parents said they were enjoying the “magic” of parenthood as they offered the world the first glimpse of their newborn son on Wednesday.
Speaking to the public as Prince Harry cradled their son, Meghan said, “It’s magic, it’s pretty amazing.
“I have the two best guys in the world so I’m really happy. He has the sweetest temperament, he’s really calm … he’s just been the dream,” she said.
“I don’t know where he gets that from,” Harry joked. “Parenting is amazing. But we’re just so thrilled to have our own bundle of joy and to spend precious time with him as he slowly, slowly starts to grow up,” he added.
Asked which family member the baby most resembles, the couple said they were still trying to figure that out.
“His looks are changing every single day. He’s already got a bit of facial hair!” Harry said.
Also, it was earlier revealed how Meghan Markle had her baby in a London hospital and not at home as she wanted.
The overdue Duchess was reportedly rushed to a hospital on Sunday by Harry and their Scotland Yard security team.
According to a publication by Daily Mail, the Duchess of Sussex, who was a week overdue, was whisked off amid such secrecy that even senior royals weren’t told.
It is believed that she was taken to a London hospital on Sunday night and she remained there overnight before her baby was born at 5:26am on Monday with Prince Harry by her side.