- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Rochas Okorocha secures 3 licenses from NUC for new Universities in Imo State
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has received a letter of recognition from the National Universities Commission (NUC) for the establishment of three new universities in the state.
The new universities are: University of Creative Technology, Omuma, Isiaku/Nkwerre University of Medical Sciences, Ogboko and University of Sciences and Technology Umuna.
The letter of recognition was issued following the submission of laws and other planning documents to the NUC for the new universities. The letter which was signed by the Executive Secretary (ES) of the NUC, Prof. Abubakar Rasheed, said the universities had been recognised as the 50th, 51st and 52nd state universities and the 172nd, 173rd and 174th universities respectively in the Nigerian University System with effect from May 7.
Two weeks ago he was also at the NUC to collect the license for Imo state university of agriculture and environmental sciences
The NUC boss also enjoined the governor and the state government to take advantage of the professional and technical advice from his commission to to establish the universities.