- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Yemi Alade Surpasses Tiwa Savage, Hits 7 Million Followers On Instagram
This new feat comes just days after she released her new video ‘Oh My Gosh’ featuring American rapper Rick Ross
‘Johnny’ singer Yemi Alade has set new record on image- and video-sharing social media platform, Instagram.
The self-styled ‘Mama Africa’ emerged the first female musician in Nigeria to garner over seven million followers on the page owned by Facebook, Inc.
Aside this latest achievement on Instagram, she is also the first female musician to have 100 million views for a single titled ‘Johnny’ on YouTube.
Yemi Alade couldn’t contain her excitement, she let the joy lose while appreciating all her followers. She wrote;
“ Thank you all for the blessing and supporting me all day-EVERYDAY. We are #7MILLIONFOLLOWERS.’’
Other notable female Nigerian singers with several followers on instagram are close contender Tiwa Savage with 6.8million followers, DJ Cuppy (2.5million followers) and Seyi Shay (1.1million followers)
This new feat comes just days after she released her new video ‘Oh My Gosh’ featuring American rapper Rick Ross. The video has also enjoyed over two million views on streaming platform, YouTube.
Yemi Alade made her musical debut in an all-girl group called Noty Spices in 2005. Her music became widely popular after she won the Peak Talent Show in 2009 and since the release of her multiple award-winning song, ‘Johnny’ in 2013, her fan base has been skyrocketing.