- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
Woman from ‘hell’ injures, starve and locked 16-yrs-old housemaid inside a room in Abuja
Woman arrested in Abuja after her 16-year-old housemaid was found injured, starved and locked in a room
A 16-year-old girl from Benue State, working as a housemaid was rescued from a house in Utako district, Abuja. Her employer has been arrested and arraigned yesterday.
Read report by Facebook user Gabriel Nungwa:
“Laying down here is a victim of Jukum/Tiv crises. Her parents are residing in Wukari local government there in Taraba state.
After they have fled from the incessant attacks and killings, one Igede lady went and asked the family of this innocent 16 year’s girl that she wants a house help. Unknowingly their obediently gave this girl to her and she brought her to FCT Abuja Utako district.
A rumour reached the president Mzough U Tiv Dnako branch on 7th April, 2019 that this girl was lock in a bedroom apartment, on reaching there behold the door was under lock and key while she laid helplessly inside.
According to what she told us, instead of serving her food the Igede lady will served her beating everyday and she sustained some injuries on her body.
The president quickly directed his Secretary general to get Nigeria police informed, which he did . The policemen arrested the wicked Igede lady as soon as she came back from market yesterday.
She is waiting trial from tomorrow.
Already Human Right Commission and NAPTIP are aware of the case.
Her village is from Tse Kighir Mbawar Adzendeshe council Ward in Ukum local government Benue state.
We’re yet to get her family’s contact number. ”