- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Kano Emirates: Ganduje shun court, installs new Emirs
Four new Kano Emirs of Rano, Bichi, Karaye and Gaya who received their appointment letters and staff of office on Friday have been installed with a call to ensure development of education, health, security and agriculture in their respective emirates.
Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has performed the installation of four new Emirs of Rano, Bichi, Karaye and Gaya Emirates before the Speaker of Kano state House of Assembly, Hon. Kabiru Alhasan Rurum and other top government officials.
The governor revealed that the new Emirates have come to stay, pointing out that the new Emirs had requested for the installation ceremony so that they can use the opportunity to appreciate Kano state House of Assembly, as well as the government and people of Kano state for the honour bestowed on them.
“The four newly appointed First Class traditional rulers requested for this occasion so that they can appreciate the Kano state government for this responsibility that has been given to them.
“If you can recall, Friday in the morning, the Secretary to the State Government had already signed their letters of appointment and all of them acknowledged that they have received their letters.
“You will also recall that this new law has already been gazzeted by the government of Kano state. Therefore the new traditional rulers requested for this gathering so they can appreciate the Kano state government and the state House of Assembly.”
Ganduje said the new Emirate council needed to be created to attract more development in Kano state, adding that, “the new Emirs must keep records of school children who are not in school. They must encourage their subjects to go to hospitals for treatment.
“They must have interest in agriculture. They must encourage their subjects to go into farming. They should make agriculture priority and their cornerstone.”
Ganduje also directed all District Heads, Village Heads and Ulamas within the area of jurisdiction of the new Emirs to ensure that they pay homage to them on Sunday.
In their separate remarks, the newly installed Emirs thanked Ganduje for the new assignment given to them and promised to work harmoniously with the Emir of Kano, His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi 11 who is presently the chairman of Kao State Council of Traditional Rulers, to ensure socio-economic development in the state.
They also appealed to Kano people to continue to support Governor Ganduje in his effort to bring about development to all the nooks and crannies of the state.
The newly installed First Class Emirs include, the Emir of Bichi, His Highness, Aminu Ado Bayero; Emir of Rano, His Highness, Tafida Abubakar; Emir of Karaye, His Highness, Ibrahim Abubakar; and Emir of Gaya, His Highness, Ibrahim Abdulkadir.