- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Video of Oke Afa-Isolo fire accident in Lagos, four severely burnt
Hundreds of commuters were stranded and, at least, four people injured on Tuesday as a commercial bus, maneuvering near a fallen fuel tanker, burnt beyond recognition, blocking the ever-busy Oke Afa-Isolo Bridge in Lagos.
A Faragon bus carrying 14 passengers was burnt at 6.30a.m. when it was ascending the bridge connecting Oke Afa with Isolo, Okota and some others in Oshodi-Isolo LGA.
According to Eyewitness, four occupants of the bus were rushed to the Isolo General Hospital for treatment following severe burns from the inferno.
The witness was driving a 2005 Toyota and closely following the burnt bus.
The witness, whose car was slightly affected by smoke at the rear, told newsmen that the bus driver was among those rushed to hospital.
According to him, the bus’s exhaust pipe absorbed petrol from potholes into which petrol spilled on Monday evening when a tanker laden with fuel fell on the foot of the bridge.
He said that as the bus was ascending the bridge, the exhaust pipe scratched the bridge pavement and ignited fire.
Videos from the scene show a man, who had been burned, running from the fire with his burnt clothes sticking to his skin.
Watch video below.
See photos below.
There is no report of the number of casualties at the moment but four people are confirmed to be rushed to hospital and social media users report that at least one person died in the fire.