- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Federal Government Finally Abolishes The Dichotomy Between BSc and HND
The dichotomy between holders of Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in all services under ministry of interior has finally come to an end as it has been abolished by the federal government.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria Prisons Service and Federal Fire Service are the agencies affected.
This development was confirmed in a statement on Tuesday by the Secretary to the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB), Al-Hassan Yakmut, said that the approval was given after the board’s meeting on 9th and 10th of this month.
“The Board chaired by the Honourable Minister of Interior, retired Gen. Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau gave the approval at the Board‘s meeting held between 9th and 10th May, 2019 in Abuja.
“Consequently, a Technical Committee was immediately set up to work out modalities for the Implementation including the harmonization of ranks in accordance with the abolition”, the statement said.
Aso approved during the meeting is the recruitment of 2,200 candidates into the Federal Fire Service, and 7,475 candidates into the Nigeria Prisons Service.
“General Dambazau wishes the candidates a successful career in the services and pledges commitment of the Board to ensuring adequate pre-deployment training”, a
Over the years, there have been a huge difference between BSc holders and HND holders in Nigeria. This abolishment will give equal opportunity in the sector to graduates irrespective of the certificate they are holding.