- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Prisons official damages peacemaker’s eye in Uyo (photo)
An official of the Nigerian Prisons Service, Idongesit Williams Ntia, has been accused of grave assault in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. According to one Akaniyene Etim, the victim, identified as Emem Ekanim, had intervened after seeing the accused and two of his colleagues beating a man who rammed his mini bus into their private car along Nnwaniba Road, Uyo.
Ekanim said he stopped to plead on behalf of driver who was, at the time, on the ground, begging to be spared after admitting being at fault, but got more than he bargained for, as Ntia used the butt his gun to hit him about four times.
He also claimed that he was beaten to a pulp and his clothes torn and it took efforts of the crowd that gathered to save him. After allegedly committing the offense, the Officer and his colleagues jumped into his car and zoomed off.
Two eyewitnesses, Akaninyene Bassey and Usen Akpan, collaborated the victim’s story and urged the authorities concerned to ensure the culprit is brought to book.