- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
FFK slams RCCG over pastor who committed suicide due to accommodation
Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, FFK, has berated the RCCG over one of their pastors, Michael Arowosaiye, who committed suicide.
Reacting to the news, FFK shared the below on Twitter:
‘For a Church to sit by and do nothing when one of its young Ministers cannot pay his rent is sad. For them to turn their backs on him and drive him into such a state of frustration, despair and desparation that he ends up committing suicide is damn right condemnable. RCCG why?’
According to reports, Michael Arowosaiye, a gospel minister, allegedly committed suicide by hanging. The incident which was confirmed by one of his friends happened around 4pm on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at Sunnyvale Estate. The deceased allegedly hanged himself with his belt.
It was gathered that Michael, who recently ministered during a Youth Praise event at the church, entered into depression over his accommodation issues before taking this drastic step.