- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
FFK slams RCCG over pastor who committed suicide due to accommodation
Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, FFK, has berated the RCCG over one of their pastors, Michael Arowosaiye, who committed suicide.
Reacting to the news, FFK shared the below on Twitter:
‘For a Church to sit by and do nothing when one of its young Ministers cannot pay his rent is sad. For them to turn their backs on him and drive him into such a state of frustration, despair and desparation that he ends up committing suicide is damn right condemnable. RCCG why?’
According to reports, Michael Arowosaiye, a gospel minister, allegedly committed suicide by hanging. The incident which was confirmed by one of his friends happened around 4pm on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at Sunnyvale Estate. The deceased allegedly hanged himself with his belt.
It was gathered that Michael, who recently ministered during a Youth Praise event at the church, entered into depression over his accommodation issues before taking this drastic step.