- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
Man kills father machete for not allowing him to go out in Ogun State
Ogun police arrest man for allegedly killing his father
The Ogun state police command have arrested Babatunde Olagesin pictured above for allegedly killing his father, Taiwo Olagesin, with a cutlass following a disgreement at their residence in the Ijoko area of Ogun state on Monday May 6th.
According to reports, trouble started when Babatunde told his father that he was on his way out to Oshodi at about 6am on the said day, The father prevented him from leaving the house, insisting they had to go somewhere together. Taiwo locked up the doors leading outside the premises to keep his son inside.
An argument ensued and both father and son started fighting. This led to Taiwo pulling out a cutlass to scare his son who in a bid to collect the cutlass from his father, allegedly used it to cut open his father in the stomach.
It was gathered that neigbours alerted the police from the Agbado division to the incident and Babatunde was arrested.
Confirming the incident, the Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the case would soon be charged to court.