- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
Court sends three Nigerians to prison for attempting to smuggle drugs, ammunition into UK
Three Nigerians — Kennedy Udo, 29, Michael Mgbedike, 22, and Emmanuel Okubote, 27 — have been sentenced to 40 years in prison by Woolwich Crown Court in the United Kingdom.
The trio were convicted of conspiracy to supply ammunition and drugs into the UK via Eurotunnel, according to UK Metropolitan police.
Kennedy Udo and Michael Mgbedike bagged eight years and six months each for conspiracy to smuggle drugs while Okubote was sentenced to 23.5 years imprisonment for conspiracy to smuggle firearms, , conspiracy to possess ammunition with intent to endanger life, conspiracy to supply class A drugs and possessing ammunition with intent to endanger life.