- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Photo of herbalist that attempt to dupe Ogun Commissioner of Police
The Ogun state police command have arrested a 52-year old man, Tayo Ogunmola, over an attempt to defraud the state’s Commissioner of Police Bashir Makama.
According to the statement released by the command’s public relations officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, the arrest of the suspect followed a phone call he made to the police commissioner, pretending to be an old herbalist who mistakenly sent a recharge card pin to the telephone number of the CP pleading for the pin to be sent back to him.
Makama who is familiar with the antics of the fraudsters decided to play along with him while he sent men of the Intelligence Response Team to technically track and apprehend the suspect.
At a stage, the suspect who was not aware that he is being trailed, presented himself as a commissioner of police, a deputy Inspector general of Police, ready to assist Makama only if he can part with a certain amount of money not knowing that the person he’s been discussing with is a serving commissioner of police.
Luck however ran out on him when he was traced to his hideout at Araromi phase 11 in Ilogbo area of Ota where he was promptly arrested.
On interrogation, he confessed being a fraudster who had defrauded many unsuspecting members of the public of money running into millions of Naira out of which he built the house he is living in.
Makama has ordered the monitoring team to properly investigate the suspect with the view of arresting his other accomplices and arraign them before a court of competent jurisdiction.