- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Police arrest 6 suspected drug dealers in Adamawa
The Police Command in Adamawa State has arrested six suspected drug dealers operating in the state.
Mr. Adamu Madaki, the state’s Commissioner of Police disclosed this while handing over the suspects to officials of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at a ceremony on Monday in Yola.
Madaki said they were arrested by the police anti robbery squad. The police boss said he was committed to flushing out criminals including drug dealers and consumers from the state.
He noted that so far about 300 members of a criminal gang group known as “Shila boys” who engage in drug abuse and other criminal activities like rape and robbery have also been arrested since he assumed office about two months ago.
Receiving the suspects, the state’s Commandant of NDLEA, Mr. Yakubu Kibo, lauded the police for their collaborative role in fighting drug abuse in the state.
Kibo noted that such collaborative effort between security agencies in the state has been yielding positive results. He assured that the suspected would be prosecuted in law courts at the end of investigations.