- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
‘How e take happen ?’ 2face asks as COSON spends N31m on office security; Accuses Copyright enforcement body of corruption
2face Idibia accuses COSON of corruption, says ‘its criminal for the body to demand and collect royalties on behalf of members’
Nigerian music legend, 2face Idibia this morning took to Instagram to accuse the Tony Okoroji led COSON of corruption.
2face in a lenghty post wrote, ‘from the figures share recently, COSON has lost about N250m to the crisis that erupted with the December 7, 2017 sacking of Chief Tony Okoroji as ‘chairman’.
He went on to say, ‘the society collected N200m less than the sum of the previous year and spent over N50m on lawsuits and office security within the year. Simple compliance with the NCC’s directives or submission to the wide call for independent audit to prove the innocence of the directors against allegations of financial misconduct may have saved COSON at least, N230m, that’s assuming the audit cost N20m’.
The Legendary singer also said:
To worsen issues, the license don kuku expire sef making it criminal for COSON to demand and collect royalties on behalf of members.
Then today we see this: “With respect to the COSON mandate to carry on its operations … COSON has been assured by its team of lawyers that with the various issues still awaiting determination at various courts and with the recent decisions of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, no one has the power to unilaterally stop the operations of COSON.” “Lawyers”, “various issues”, “various courts”…because of simple forensic audit?
Musician work, lawyer and police chop everything finish. My people, no be one chance we don enter so o? If you ask me, na who I go ask?