- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Obasanjo spits fire; reveals Nigeria’s major problem
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that policy implementation was a major problem impeding Nigeria’s growth and development.
The former President made this known on Saturday, in Ibadan, at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
He said: “Our problem in this country has always been that of implementation. The 25-year Oyo State Government Agriculture Policy Framework presented is a good thing.
“We have formulated several policies in the past that suffered implementation. I hope your successor will implement it”.
Obasanjo explained that technology, finance and human resources were challenges facing agricultural development.
According to him, “If you go into agriculture you may not be rich like Dangote, but you will be satisfied and comfortable.
“You will be comfortable because you are close to nature. Every individual is a stakeholder in the agriculture value chain.
”If you are not a farmer, then you must be a consumer. If you are not a farmer, you can encourage a farmer”.