- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Obasanjo spits fire; reveals Nigeria’s major problem
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that policy implementation was a major problem impeding Nigeria’s growth and development.
The former President made this known on Saturday, in Ibadan, at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
He said: “Our problem in this country has always been that of implementation. The 25-year Oyo State Government Agriculture Policy Framework presented is a good thing.
“We have formulated several policies in the past that suffered implementation. I hope your successor will implement it”.
Obasanjo explained that technology, finance and human resources were challenges facing agricultural development.
According to him, “If you go into agriculture you may not be rich like Dangote, but you will be satisfied and comfortable.
“You will be comfortable because you are close to nature. Every individual is a stakeholder in the agriculture value chain.
”If you are not a farmer, then you must be a consumer. If you are not a farmer, you can encourage a farmer”.