- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
We are ready to step on toes to probe outgoing govt — Adamawa Governor-elect
Adamawa Governor-elect, Ahmadu Fintiri, has said he is ready to step on toes by probing the outgoing government headed by Governor Jibrilla Bindow.
Mr Fintiri, who disclosed this on Saturday in Yola while receiving a report by a 67-member State Transition Committee, said investigations by the committee evinced that lots of breeches and mismanagement of government’s funds needed to be looked into.
“We shall rise and boldly face the challenges, fully conscious that we were voted to fix them. We will not turn a blind eye to breaches of the law, mismanagement of funds, or abuse of privilege.
“Adamawa State, our only home has been battered and bruised but I am optimistic that it will heal.
“Let me restate the call on our people to join hands in the task of correcting the ills of the past. In doing so, we shall not hesitate to step on toes where public interest has been compromised.
“As a corrective government popularly elected by the people, we will not hesitate to step on toes in the interest and advancement of public good,” Mr Fintiri said.