- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
Afenifere reacts to Tinubu’s 2023 Presidential ambition
The Yoruba socio-cultural association, Afenifere, has said that the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu reserved the right to run for the presidency in 2023.
Spokesperson of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, while speaking with DailyPost, said the anybody, including Tinubu, can come out for presidency.
His words: “Tinubu, anybody can come out for presidency, but if you have listened to Miyetti Allah who are now the elite of the North, and Garba Shehu said they are now equivalent to Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Miyetti Allah said people from the South East should forget the presidency in 2023.
“You have seen El-Rufai coming to Lagos to make his declaration, however, I’m not somebody who should be reading in between the line for an adult. For me, I think the line has been drawn.
“Look it seems people don’t learn from history, go back to 1992 when MKO Abiola said he wanted to be president of Nigeria and the Northern Alfa clique of the NPN told him that the Presidency was not for sale.
“Abiola left NPN and in 1993 he contested under SDP and won it but they annulled it and killed him in prison, so those who can read in between the line can tell what is going on.