- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Afenifere reacts to Tinubu’s 2023 Presidential ambition
The Yoruba socio-cultural association, Afenifere, has said that the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu reserved the right to run for the presidency in 2023.
Spokesperson of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, while speaking with DailyPost, said the anybody, including Tinubu, can come out for presidency.
His words: “Tinubu, anybody can come out for presidency, but if you have listened to Miyetti Allah who are now the elite of the North, and Garba Shehu said they are now equivalent to Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Miyetti Allah said people from the South East should forget the presidency in 2023.
“You have seen El-Rufai coming to Lagos to make his declaration, however, I’m not somebody who should be reading in between the line for an adult. For me, I think the line has been drawn.
“Look it seems people don’t learn from history, go back to 1992 when MKO Abiola said he wanted to be president of Nigeria and the Northern Alfa clique of the NPN told him that the Presidency was not for sale.
“Abiola left NPN and in 1993 he contested under SDP and won it but they annulled it and killed him in prison, so those who can read in between the line can tell what is going on.