- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Man in court for burying his 5-month-old baby alive
The Nigeria Police Force, Ebonyi state command has arrested a 26 years old man, Anthony Sunday for allegedly burying his 5 months old daughter alive.
The suspect was said to have committed the offence at Okwerike village Abaomege in Onicha local government council of the state.
He was said to have been having constant disagreements and fights with his wife whom he accused of cheating on her and allegedly decided to get back at her alleged unfaithfulness by killing their daughter.
He allegedly carried their five months old sleeping baby named Roseline to an empty land behind his yam ban and buried her alive in a shallow grave.
It was gathered that the wife after the day’s quarrel in the morning where she was as usually accused by her husband of keeping late nights, fed and bathed Roseline during which she slept and was left under custody of her father and other siblings, while the mother went out.
Roseline’s disappearance and death was not noticed by any other person in the vicinity until the mother came back and wanted to breastfeed her but could not find her.
Meanwhile, search parties were set up and they sought her to no avail.
Later, the least expected suspect ( her father) started confessing all that transpired and exhumed the dead body of the innocent child behind his yam ban.
He attributed the blame to the wife, who according to him always makes him upset.
Meanwhile, the suspect has been arraigned before an Abakaliki Magistrate court presided over by Magistrate Ruth Okeh in a suit numbered MAB/357c/2019 for on the charge of causing the death of Roseline by burying her alive.
The matter was adjourned to 29th day of July 2019 for report of compliance at the High court.