- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Money Laundering: Jay Jay Okocha dragged to court in Scotland 3 months after alleged Tax fraud in Lagos
Nigerian football legend, Jay Jay Okocha has been charged to court in relation to alleged acquisition, use and possession of criminal property and another relating to allegedly concealing, disguising, converting and transferring criminal property.
Recall that three months ago a Bench warrant was issued for the arrest of former Super Eagles international, Austin Okocha, popularly known as Jay Jay Okocha over alleged tax fraud in Lagos.
The football legend has found himself entangled in another case as the former English Premier League footballer has appeared in court facing money laundering charges in Aberdeen, Scotland, over money laundering charges.
The Nigerian footballer who appeared in private at Aberdeen Sheriff Court on Friday, faced two charges in thegujma behind-closed-doors hearing. The appearance relates to alleged incidents said to have happened in the north-east of Scotland in 2015.
The appearance relates to alleged incidents said to have happened in the north-east of Scotland in 2015.
Though Okocha made no plea during the hearing, the retired footballer, whose general address was given as Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, was granted bail. No date has yet been fixed for his next court appearance.