- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Atiku reacts as NBC shut down DAAR Communications
Former Vice-President and 2019 election Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has reacted to the suspension of the license of Daar Communication Plc, promoter of AIT, RAY POWER FM by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC).
Atiku made the reaction in a series of tweets on his official and twitter handle.
He said, “I am a lifelong democrat and throughout my political life, I have championed the principles of Separation of Powers. The Legislature has been challenged. The Judiciary has been tackled” he said.
“If at this time, we stand by as the Press loses its independence, there will be little to differentiate us from a dictatorship. This should not happen.”