- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
AFCON 2019: Super Eagles arrive in Egypt, begin training for Senegal friendly
Coaches and players of the Nigerian national team landed in the Egyptian city of Ismailia on Sunday night, Sporting Life reports.
Kelechi Iheanacho and Oluwasemilogo Ajayi, who were dropped from the squad earlier in the day, were the only two absentees.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) allowed the Warriors of Zimbabwe with whom the Eagles played a 0-0 draw in a friendly on Saturday, flew together with the Nigerian contingent to Ismailia aboard a chartered MAX Air flight from Asaba.
The aircraft refueled at the Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano before heading for Ismailia.
The three-time African champions are staying at the Hotel Mercure in Ismailia where they will spend one week before heading to Alexandria, venue of their Group B matches during the championship.
Before then, the Eagles will face Senegal’s Lions of Terranga in another warm-up clash on June 16.