- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Beware of fake Gbaja Twitter account
A fake Twitter account bearing the name of Femi Gbajabiamila, newly elected speaker of the 9th house of representatives, has been detected.
Gbajabiamila was elected speaker after polling 281 votes to defeat Mohammed Bago, reps-member elect for Chanchaga federal constituency in Niger state, who garnered 76 votes.
The fake account, with handle @SpeakerGbaja and account name RT Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, declared Gbaja as speaker while sorting of votes was still ongoing at the house of reps.
The bio reads: “Official account of the Speaker of the 9th Assembly” and was supposedly opened in September 2017.
The account, as of press time, had 280 tweets, 513 followers, one like and is following three Twitter users.
However, that is not the account known to be affiliated to Gbajabiamila who is an avid and perpetual user of the social media platform.
The original Twitter account of Gbajabiamila, though not verified, is @femigbaja with username, “Femi Gbajabiamila”. It was created in April 2012.
In his real account, Gbajabialmia describes himself as “a Nigerian Lawyer who believes in empowering people to harness their lifetime potentials.”