- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Beware of fake Gbaja Twitter account
A fake Twitter account bearing the name of Femi Gbajabiamila, newly elected speaker of the 9th house of representatives, has been detected.
Gbajabiamila was elected speaker after polling 281 votes to defeat Mohammed Bago, reps-member elect for Chanchaga federal constituency in Niger state, who garnered 76 votes.
The fake account, with handle @SpeakerGbaja and account name RT Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, declared Gbaja as speaker while sorting of votes was still ongoing at the house of reps.
The bio reads: “Official account of the Speaker of the 9th Assembly” and was supposedly opened in September 2017.
The account, as of press time, had 280 tweets, 513 followers, one like and is following three Twitter users.
However, that is not the account known to be affiliated to Gbajabiamila who is an avid and perpetual user of the social media platform.
The original Twitter account of Gbajabiamila, though not verified, is @femigbaja with username, “Femi Gbajabiamila”. It was created in April 2012.
In his real account, Gbajabialmia describes himself as “a Nigerian Lawyer who believes in empowering people to harness their lifetime potentials.”