- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
Comedian Calabar Chic tells story of rape and suicide as she turns 28
Popular Nigerian comedian and actress, Calabar Chic has left many people teary-eyed and at the same time after she took to social media to narrate how she went from struggling to go through life to conquering her fears.
The actress who is also a film maker, turned 28 on June 10 and to mark the day, took to her Instagram page to share a series of stunning photos alongside her survival story.
Calabar Chic who was kidnapped and subsequently released some time in 2017, opened up about her life from being abused at 14 to surviving a fire and then getting kidnapped.
“UNASHAMED )So sometime Last month I opened up about my struggle with depression and managing it for years! Struggling with ptsd from some of the worst experiences of my life! From getting r*ped in the most humiliating way at Age 14 To attempting s*icide a few times To Losing my best friend to Domestic violence To Surviving A house Fire in 2017 & A Kidnap in 2018 wheeeew! .Living through all of the trauma, the nightmares,the panic attacks has been a struggle! You crave for peace but even sleep doesn’t afford that. It wrecks your dreams and turns your days into a living nightmare. It messes your head up, destroys your personality, your relationship with your family and friends, your work, your social life, it affects them all.
I can come out wearing the brightest smile but deep down be really sad. ,But in all…. I’ve come to understand that living is an act of bravery. So , Today….I Celebrate me for never giving up! For holding me up regardless. Now I know better….I love my life and how it is turning out. I am grateful for it. If I could shine a spotlight on it for everyone who’s ever wanted to die, I would, because it’s beautiful and amazing and I would do anything in the world to protect it. And I want anyone who might be suicidal to know how much better life can be.
Yes Emotional pain is real, and no matter how much it feels like it can’t end, it can. It can get better. It does get better. Life gets better. And you get better with it. ThankGod we don’t look like what we’ve been through! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRONG WOMAN “