- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Eden Hazard Unveiled As Real Madrid Player At Santiago Bernabeu
Eden Hazard admitted he has fulfilled ‘a dream’ after being unveiled as a Real Madrid player at the Santiago Bernabeu on Thursday night.
Hazard signed on the dotted line for a five-year-deal worth a reported £400,000-a-week and posed with a Real Madrid shirt for the first time before giving his first address to the media and the supporters.
After conducting a short address in the presidential suite, Hazard slipped into more familiar attire of shirts and shorts as he emerged from the tunnel and onto the hallowed turf at the Bernabeu.
He created a carnival atmosphere on his first day as a Madridista as he
He waved to the fans, who gave him a rousing reception on his first day, before he showed off with some keepy-uppies and tricks to the delight of fans.
Hazard was then urged to kiss the badge and he duly obliged which created the loudest cheer of his unveiling.
Having earlier admitted his Spanish is not yet up to scratch, he kept his message on the pitch brief.
The Belgian said: ‘Thank you all very much. Hala Madrid!’
Before the fans saw him in person, he conducted a short briefing alongside Real president Florentino Perez where each of them described their delight at the deal being finalised.
Wearing a pristine grey suit, Hazard sat down next to Perez and his family for the presentation.
Broadcast on Real Madrid TV, the Belgian said: ‘I am going to speak in French, I still need to improve my Spanish.
‘I am looking forward to putting on this shirt and defending the shirt. As the president said, it was a dream to play for this club and now I am here.’
Perez added: ‘You are where you wanted to be – this was one of your dreams. Now one of your dreams has come true.
‘This will be your home and you will feel and experience great passion. From day one you will realise the most important thing here is the fans, those who love Real Madrid.
‘To play for this club was your biggest dream and thanks to your hard work and talent you have joined Real. The fans will be behind you in every game. The fans know you are unique and your brand of football is special.’
The Belgian passed his medical earlier in the day before his official unveiling at night.
The Belgium star became the club’s record-signing when his move from Chelsea was finally concluded last Friday.