- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
Buhari’s ex-Minister attacks PDP over Bayelsa Assembly leadership composition
Immediate past Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, has criticised the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over the composition of the leadership of Bayelsa State House of Assembly.
According to him, it was sad and unfortunate that Ogbia Local Government Area was excluded from the leadership structure of the House.
He said the marginalisation of Ogbia Local Government Area was a deliberate attempt by the PDP to exclude the people from the scheme of things in Bayelsa.
“It is inconceivable that the PDP-dominated House treated Ogbia with disdain without recourse to the principles of balance and fairness,” the ex-minister said in a statement by the Director- General of his governorship campaign organization, Hon Warman Ogoriba.
He added, “We are highly disappointed that Ogbia has become the whipping child of the PDP in the distribution of positions as the current action of the House has confirmed.
“While we sympathise with Ogbia for its marginalisation under a PDP government, we want to assure the people of Bayelsa that APC believes in justice and fairness and inclusive engagement of all our people.”