- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
EFCC quizzes NDDC directors over suspected illicit transaction
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has quizzed top management of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) over perceived illicit transaction.
It was gathered from a source that the NDDC officials were quizzed for allegedly withdrawing about N2.8 billion cash for inexplicable transaction.
Following a petition, the EFCC had to invite key principal officers of the intervention agency, including the acting Managing Director, Prof Nelson Brambaifa; acting Director Finance and Administration, EDFA, Dr. Chris Amadi; and another for interrogation in Abuja.
It was gathered that the interrogation lasted between Monday and Tuesday.
When contacted, the NDDC Director, Corporate Affairs, Charles Odili, said that the executive officers of the commission were actually invited for investigation bordering on some undisclosed financial transactions.
“The executive management were invited for clarification of certain matters… there is no N2.8 billion thing. You know it is customary for the crime agency to invite heads of parastatals to clear some grey areas because the EFCC is not all-knowing. There are things, petitions, that they can get; they need to clarify about them,” he said.