- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
EFCC quizzes NDDC directors over suspected illicit transaction
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has quizzed top management of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) over perceived illicit transaction.
It was gathered from a source that the NDDC officials were quizzed for allegedly withdrawing about N2.8 billion cash for inexplicable transaction.
Following a petition, the EFCC had to invite key principal officers of the intervention agency, including the acting Managing Director, Prof Nelson Brambaifa; acting Director Finance and Administration, EDFA, Dr. Chris Amadi; and another for interrogation in Abuja.
It was gathered that the interrogation lasted between Monday and Tuesday.
When contacted, the NDDC Director, Corporate Affairs, Charles Odili, said that the executive officers of the commission were actually invited for investigation bordering on some undisclosed financial transactions.
“The executive management were invited for clarification of certain matters… there is no N2.8 billion thing. You know it is customary for the crime agency to invite heads of parastatals to clear some grey areas because the EFCC is not all-knowing. There are things, petitions, that they can get; they need to clarify about them,” he said.