- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
ATM air conditioner catches fire in UNICAL
An air conditioner installed in an Automated Teller Machine at the gate of the University of Calabar caught fire on Saturday morning shortly after cash was loaded into the machines by bank officials.
The incident was confirmed by the State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, ATM, UNICAL shortly after it happened.
According to her, “It was the air-conditioning unit in the ATM that caught fire. You know they work for 24 hours. But we were able to bring the situation under control. There was no casualty and the money in the ATM was intact.”
The ATM belongs to a new generation bank and sources said the incident happened at about 9:00 a.m.
The combined efforts of policemen and fire service officials who responded promptly helped to put out of the fire after they had cordoned off the area.
Bank officials declined to speak on the incident as of the time of this report.