- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Frank Lampard agrees to take Chelsea job after Roman Abramovich phone call
Frank Lampard has agreed to become Chelsea’s new manager, after holding talks with Roman Abramovich, The Sunday Times reports.
The Blues are searching for another new boss, after allowing Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus.
Abramovich has taken a more hands-on role with finding Sarri’s successor and had a phone call with Lampard last week, in which he asked the 40-year-old to return to Stamford Bridge.
It is understood that the Russian promised Lampard that he will be given at least two seasons at Chelsea, which means he will still be in charge after the club have served their two-window transfer ban.
Lampard has two years remaining on his current contract with Derby County and the Blues have not yet agreed a compensation package with the Championship club.
The former midfielder, who made 648 appearances for Chelsea, guided Derby to the Championship play-off final this season, but missed out on promotion after a defeat to Aston Villa.