- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Chelsea will allow Sarri to Leave
Maurizio Sarri led Chelsea to Europa League glory and a third-place finish in the Premier League in his debut season in England.
There are indications that Maurizio Sarri will be allowed to leave Chelsea next week and become Juventus manager, Sky Sports News reports.
Sarri has told Chelsea he wants to return to Italy after one season in England and the club have said they will not stand in his way.
The 60-year-old has one year left on his contract – with the option of another year – but never felt comfortable living and working in England and was frustrated he did not have a close relationship with the decision-makers at Chelsea.
Chelsea had no plans to sack Sarri this summer but they do not want to keep someone who is unhappy.
He led Chelsea to a 4-1 win over Arsenal in the Europa League final to clinch the first trophy of his managerial career and said afterwards that he “deserved” to stay at the club.
He will become the new Juventus manager, replacing Massimiliano Allegri, who left the Serie A champions at the end of the season after five years in charge.