- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Nigeria vs Senegal: Super Eagles defeated in final pre-AFCON 2019 friendly
Nigeria lost 1-0 to Senegal in their final warm-up match, before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations kicks off.
Idrissa Gueye scored the only goal of the game in the first half.
Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr, played what might be his preferred starting XI at the tournament, but they were unable to salvage anything from the encounter.
The result means the three-time African champions failed to score in their last two friendly matches, as they were held to a 0-0 draw by Zimbabwe last Saturday in Asaba, Delta State.
Rohr and his squad will now depart to Alexandria, ahead of their opening fixture against Burundi on June 22.