- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
AFCON 2019: Super Eagles arrive Alexandria ahead of Burundi opener
Players and officials of the Super Eagles, have touched down in the Egyptian city of Alexandria, where they will be playing all their group fixtures at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Their arrival was confirmed via the team’s official Twitter page.
“We have arrived safely and soundly in Alexandria, at our Helnan Palestine Hotel camp where we will stay all through the group phase of our #TotalAFCON2019 campaign,” it read.
Nigeria rounded off their preparation for the tournament, with a 1-0 defeat to Senegal on Sunday.
After their opening fixture against Burundi on June 22, Nigeria will play against Guinea on June 26 and then wrap up their group outings against Madagascar on June 30.