- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Absence Of Tribunal Chairman Stalls Trial Of Bayelsa Assembly Speaker, Four Others
The Arraignment of Bayelsa state House of Assembly speaker, Kombowei Benson, and four other serving and former staff of the assembly has been stalled for a second time.
The trial was stalled because Chairman of the tribunal Mr Danladi Umar is said to be indisposed.
Those to be charged alongside the speaker are former Clerk of assembly, Aaron Timiye and former Accountant, Thomas Tamaraodubo.
Others are Owudogu Edward a serving Clerk, of the assembly and Koroye Stephen, a serving accountant of the assembly.
The chairman of the tribunal had approved their arraignment on May 22, 2019, but none of them were in court on the said date.
The tribunal then adjourned to Tuesday, June 18 for their formal arraignment.
With the absence of the tribunal chairman, the trial has been adjourned to July 4, 2019.
The five officials of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly are said to be charged for offenses bordering on gross misconduct and abuse of office.