- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Absence Of Tribunal Chairman Stalls Trial Of Bayelsa Assembly Speaker, Four Others
The Arraignment of Bayelsa state House of Assembly speaker, Kombowei Benson, and four other serving and former staff of the assembly has been stalled for a second time.
The trial was stalled because Chairman of the tribunal Mr Danladi Umar is said to be indisposed.
Those to be charged alongside the speaker are former Clerk of assembly, Aaron Timiye and former Accountant, Thomas Tamaraodubo.
Others are Owudogu Edward a serving Clerk, of the assembly and Koroye Stephen, a serving accountant of the assembly.
The chairman of the tribunal had approved their arraignment on May 22, 2019, but none of them were in court on the said date.
The tribunal then adjourned to Tuesday, June 18 for their formal arraignment.
With the absence of the tribunal chairman, the trial has been adjourned to July 4, 2019.
The five officials of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly are said to be charged for offenses bordering on gross misconduct and abuse of office.