- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
“He bought me my first bra” – Simi recounts lovely memories of her first love
Talented Nigerian singer, Simisola Ogunleye, simply known as “Simi” has recounted fond memories of her late dad.
According to the singer whose revelation came in response to a question from a fan on Twitter, she recounted how her dad bought her first bra and would cook for her and her brothers on weekends when they go visiting.
What she wrote:
He would take my brothers and me to Payless every weekend so we would rent movies. One for each person. Also Barbeach like every weekend. Nobody could chat shit to me, cos ‘Omo Dele’ – but I chat shit to everybody. He bought me my first bra.
He liked to cook for us when we went to see him weekends after my parents were separated. I don’t even remember if the food tasted nice, but I loved it. He made me dip my bread in tea. I hate that shit. I could walk all over him…and I did. Charlie Champagne.
He would take my brothers and me to Payless every weekend so we would rent movies. One for each person. Also Barbeach like every weekend. Nobody could chat shit to me, cos 'Omo Dele' – but I chat shit to everybody. He bought me my first bra. https://t.co/WLBJcT9sr6
— Simi (@SympLySimi) June 17, 2019