- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
I’ve Developed Thick Skin To Destructive Criticisms– Omawumi
The mother-of-two said her new‘In Her Feelings’ EPis a body of work that contains relatable love songs
Talented vocalist, songwriter and singer Omawumi has said negative comments don’t get to her anymore.
The singer who recently dropped the video of her latest single, ‘Without You’, told HipTv that she has managed to develop thick skin against destructive criticisms, unlike when she just started in the industry.
“When I first started out in the industry years ago, It affects, yeah. But, now, not at all. Because, first of all, I don’t even know who’s talking to me. If people I know criticize me, It’ll hurt. But not when it has to do with people I don’t know,” she said.
“I figured that when you say hurtful things about people, all it does is reflects how you see them. It doesn’t reflect on how the person sees themselves neither does it rub off on that person. That’s exactly the way it now works for me.”
The mother-of-two said her just released ‘In Her Feelings’ EP is a body of work that contains relatable love songs. “‘Omawumi: In her feelings’ is me expressing myself the way I know how,” she noted.
“In this one, I wrote a couple of love songs. The ones I’ve written before are mostly quarrel-songs. You could offend me and I’ll write a song for it, say you killed, even if it’s not true.”
“This time I wrote love songs that are as relatable as possible. Although outside of that, I taunted some people and spoke my passions, you won’t be disappointed. But if you’re, feel free to tell me,” Omawumi said.
The ‘Megbele’ crooner has added acting to her bundle of talents. While speaking about her recent movie, ‘She Is’ and other featured films, said she feels fulfilled because she has always wanted to do more as an entertainer.