- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Transfer: Why Coutinho will snub Man Utd move
Barcelona midfielder, Philippe Coutinho, will turn down a move to Manchester United this summer out of respect to former club Liverpool, Sky Sports reports.
Coutinho is widely expected to leave Spain in the transfer window, after a below-par season at Camp Nou.
United were thought to be the frontrunners for the 27-year-old and were weighing up a move for the Brazil playmaker.
However, Coutinho is unwilling to consider a move to Old Trafford, after his spell at Liverpool from 2013-2018.
After a loan spell in Espanyol, Coutinho left Inter Milan permanently in January 2013, to join Liverpool for £8.5m.
It was at Anfield that Coutinho’s career really began to take off, with the Brazil international quickly becoming a key figure for the Reds.
Coutinho eventually left for Barca in January 2018 for a reported fee of £142m.