- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Transfer: Why Coutinho will snub Man Utd move
Barcelona midfielder, Philippe Coutinho, will turn down a move to Manchester United this summer out of respect to former club Liverpool, Sky Sports reports.
Coutinho is widely expected to leave Spain in the transfer window, after a below-par season at Camp Nou.
United were thought to be the frontrunners for the 27-year-old and were weighing up a move for the Brazil playmaker.
However, Coutinho is unwilling to consider a move to Old Trafford, after his spell at Liverpool from 2013-2018.
After a loan spell in Espanyol, Coutinho left Inter Milan permanently in January 2013, to join Liverpool for £8.5m.
It was at Anfield that Coutinho’s career really began to take off, with the Brazil international quickly becoming a key figure for the Reds.
Coutinho eventually left for Barca in January 2018 for a reported fee of £142m.