- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Transfer: De Ligt rejects Barcelona, makes decision on next club
Ajax Star, Matthijs de Ligt, has rejected the chance to join Barcelona this summer, according to Cadena Ser’s El Larguero.
The defender has been courted by many of Europe’s top clubs, after a fine season for his club and Holland.
Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester United are all trying to sign the teenager this summer. But it now appears he will sign for Paris Saint-Germain in a stunning move.
De Ligt has rejected Barca, in spite of president Josep Maria Bartomeu travelling to Amsterdam in bid to convince the player, as he had successfully done with Ajax team-mate Frenkie de Jong.
Mino Raiola who represents the player, was always likely to prove a stumbling block in a move to the Camp Nou and has now engineered a big-money deal with the Ligue 1 champions.